The team understands how intellectual property (“IP”) assets can best be created; value thereto determined rights therein protected; and used/ acquired/ supplemented to produce a competitive advantage. The team provides advice and assistance to its clients with respect to due diligence (routinely uncovering issues in chain of title, encumbrances/obligations, or enforcement/prosecution/ deficiencies often left undetected) IP valuation, acquisition of IP and related agreements and partnerships/ joint ventures with an aim to transfer/ share/ development of IP.
The team has rendered services to several multinational and Indian companies across a broad range of sectors and industries including large technology companies, technology start-ups electrical and household, telecommunications, consumer goods, defence, education, publishing and media houses etc. on issues pertaining to registered and unregistered IP rights including trade mark, copyright, designs, domain name registration, patent, licensing, and technology transfer matters, apart from management of IP portfolios.
The team advises and assists clients on:
- Protection and prosecution of IP rights (including patents, trademarks, design rights, copyrights, geographical indications, domain names, proprietary know-how and business processes)
- IP due-diligence and audits
- IP valuation
- IP acquisition and transfer and related agreements
- Drafting and negotiating license agreements, assignment deeds, IP development agreements, etc.
- Representing before various authorities, courts and forums on issues relating to registration and protection of IP rights